Monday 6 February 2012

Cottage Decorating 101

Let's just say I'm artist, not a decorator so I don't really know any of the "decorator" rules, like this accent goes with that style and this period furniture goes with that drapery finial. I only know what I like; sometimes I even get it right although the chairs may be mid century modern paired with a baroque mirror and a Queen Anne coffee table. Over the last couple of years we've been decorating our little cottage with vintage finds and personal handmade items; we find they add that personal touch.

Here are a few pictures:

Vintage 60's Greyhound Lamp, Etsy

Pillows, Etsy; Artwork Quilt, Beth Wade Designs

Chickadee, carved by my Mother

Vintage-esq Cast Iron Cow and Sheep, Etsy
Granite Rock Vase, Halifax NS (Left)
  
Trout Etching for the Bathroom, Etsy

Ceramic Trout in the Bathroom, Etsy (Brown Trout, get it?)

Etching, Antique Store; Ceramic Greyhound, Etsy

Hand Stamped Bunny Pillow, Etsy

I adore Magazines, especially vintage decorating magazines!


Assorted Loons from the Antique Stores in Thornbury, Ontario
(my Mom scouted these for me)

And Lastly, some of the white squirrels from White Squirrel Cottage.
Left, Squirrel or Plenty, Etsy; Right, Squirrel, From Mom
Oh, and an artichoke too in case they get hungry.
 Well, that's it for this week folks, I have a lot on my plate at the moment. I will hopefully be posting on Monday as we start the re-decorating of our bedroom in the style of "Cabin Chic".

Have a great week.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment