Wednesday 15 February 2012

"Ode to Kitchen"

I love my kitchen.

It's not the large farmhouse kitchen of my dreams but it's the one I have and I love it dearly. It's very well laid out for a small 1950's kitchen and works well for just one person. I guess you could say it's a "one butt" kitchen! Over the years we updated a few things like the flooring, counter, tile and appliances but stopped short of replacing the cupboards. The sad reality is the 80s cupboards are a wee bit of an eyesore and definitely need updating but we've made the best of it for now.

We love to entertain and I love to cook and bake so loving my kitchen is essential, it's like my second best friend. And for those who don't know me I spend the better part of 6 - 8 hours in my kitchen on Sundays, preparing the upcoming week of dinners, lunches and treats. We have a special bond, my kitchen and I...

So, to you Kitchen, I thank you for being so awesome and for keeping me warm on all those cold winter Sundays...





works as a feeding station too!

And just because she's so cute, here is a picture of Miss Sm-Ella. She decided to play with the bed stuffing that Daddy left on the floor while he washed the cover. We think Roodie may have helped a little....

yes, that's just right now...
 We have not yet started the "Cabin Chic" bedroom as the plans were derailed last week when our Roodie was having some health issues. He's on the mend now so we should commence with the plans next week.

Till next week!
:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your window over sink, I just have a tiled wall to look at when washing dishes :( Would love to hear more about your Sunday cooking when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie, I can see the neighbours house but you're right, it's better than a tiled wall. We don't have a window at the cottage though, so I look at the tiled wall when I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful kitchen! Love love love and oh my goodness I could just smooch miss Ella she did a very nice job :-)

    I have not updated my chicken pic you so kindly made for me my friend, this is my first time perusing blogs in a long time and I must get my act together.

    Kitchens over the sink are very nice, my sink face the patio doors to the back yard and the living-room i.e. the tv ..not bad when you are spending all day cooking - I pop in a movie to help pass the time :-)

    ReplyDelete